Bio - Doug Cashman
Doug Cashman has had 20 years of underwriting and carrier relationships experience in the Life Insurance industry. He is looking forward to using his knowledge and contacts to consult with the American Business agents and staffs to find the best results and carriers for American Business professionals and clients. With increasingly complex insurance cases, and the constantly changing underwriting landscape, Doug’s unique knowledge of financial and medical underwriting is critical in ensuring that the client gets the best underwriting offer possible. He also gives the firm an objective “go to” expert to vet and negotiate impaired risk cases.
Here are some of the highlights of Doug’s insurance career:
- CEO of The Auris Group which specializes in Underwriting Consultant National Presenter of seminars, speeches and workshops on large case underwriting, including MDRT Top of the Table Annual Meeting.
- Formerly Vice President, Underwriting- ValMark: Responsible for all aspects of design and management of underwriting strategies for jumbo and special risk cases.
- Formerly Vice President, Underwriting and Operations- BISYSPotomac: Directed underwriting and carrier relationships for one of the nation’s largest high-end brokerage houses.
- Formerly Director of Underwriting- ING: Directed underwriting division and served as specialist in large face amount policies.
- Formerly Sr. Underwriting Consultant- Hartford Life, Prudential
Education, Licenses, & Professional Associations:
- BSBA, Marketing- Mankato State University
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) • Fellow, Academy of Life Underwriting (FALU)
- Member, Association of Home Office Underwriters (AHOU)
- FINRA 7, 66.
When Doug is not busy being an underwriting consultant, he enjoys camping, water skiing and snowboarding with his wife Stacy and three sons; they live in the Greater Minneapolis-St Paul area.